This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyDayWithEnergy #CollectiveBias
Being a dad is a lot of work. Being a superhero dad is a lot of fun. You have to find the balance in both. For me, this is tougher still because I also work full-time outside of the home, so I have to find a balance between work and home, being a husband, being a dad, and finding time for myself. While my wife is great to help out and make sure things are taken care of on the home front, I still have a “honey-do” list, and with four kids who are still young, there is always something on the calendar. I want to be there for it all, so I try my best to be present. Sometimes I get worn out and need a pick me up to help me, and so I was looking for something that would help me when I was at Walgreens a few days ago. I found Emergen-C® Energy+ dietary supplement drink mix, so I thought I would give it a try.
I have used other Emergen-C® products in the past and loved them, so I was pretty sure that this would be great as well. Because it has natural caffeine from green tea to help focus my mind focused* and calcium, magnesium, potassium and other key nutrients to help replenish your body*; plus 7 B vitamins to fortify you and vitamin C for immune support*, I felt like it would be exactly what I needed to help me keep up with my busy lifestyle. The new Emergen-C® Energy+ comes in a powder-packed formula flavored in Blueberry-Açai, Lemon-Lime, and Mango-Peach and is flavored with natural, real fruit flavors. It’s also gluten free..
When I am home with my family, I want to be the best version of myself. When I am at work (as a Deputy Sheriff) I have to be alert and ready. Emergen-C® Energy+ has been able to help me be more focused and have more energy when I need it most. Because being a dad is the most important role I have, I want to share 10 ways to be a superhero dad with you to give you some ideas of things you can do with your kids:
1. Have a movie night in the backyard and make s’mores – this is always a lot of fun. We get a fire going in our fire pit, my wife sets up the projector with a fun movie, and we usually roast hotdogs and make s’mores, then snuggle up and watch the movie. I love bonding with my family like this.
2. Read a book together – I love doing this with my kids not just because it is good for them when we read together, but because I love sharing stories and adventures with them and having those memories.
3. Go on a bike ride together. My kids love riding bikes, but we only recently moved to a place where we could ride them all the time. Now it is one of our favorite things to do as a family.
4. Go hiking together. It doesn’t matter if you get out on an easy short trail or if you are experienced enough to do the harder hikes, getting outdoors and sharing these amazing views and natural wonders with them will be something they will always remember and pass on to their kids.
5. Help coach their sports teams. I coached my son’s little league team last year, and this year I help out with my daughter’s team. I love watching them learn and grow with each game and practice.
6. Have your kids help plan and go on an adventure. We are always planning adventures and we really love doing fun and unique things. No matter what you do, you can make it fun and exciting.
7. Be there for the little things. It is not about always being on the go and being busy. It’s also about taking the time to soak in all the little things. Get to know your kids and listen to them. I enjoy just being there for them anytime they need me.
8. Go swimming with your kids. We have a swimming pass for a local waterpark, but before we did, we had a pool in our backyard or we would visit a local rec center and swim when we could. It is a good skill for them and a fun way to spend time together.
9. Visit a Museum or Gardens. There are a lot of great museums and gardens around us that we like to visit when we can. It is educational and fun, and we always make a lot of great memories.
10. Help them learn new skills. I am an avid outdoorsman, so I like to teach my kids the same skills. Find out what they like and help them learn it. It is fun and a great way to get to know each other.
I hope that this has given you some ideas of ways you can be a superhero dad. Life gets crazy and busy, but make sure you are taking the time to spend time with your kids (and wife) whenever you can. Time goes by too fast, and it will be too late before you know it if you don’t take advantage now. Be sure to pick up some of the new Emergen-C® Energy+ to keep on hand to focus your mind.* It comes in individual packets so you can keep it anywhere (bag, pocket, briefcase, car) and have it on hand when you need it. It’s an anywhere product for your energy and immune support needs.*
What are some ways you are a superhero dad?
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Emergen-C Energy+ is a dietary supplement drink mix.