#advertisement I received compensation from Dr. Scholl’s® to write this post. All opinions are entirely my own. #CustomFitRelief #DrScholls
The holidays are a great time of year. It gives me the opportunity to spend some quality time with my family – especially my kids – doing things that we love. While we have a great time and get a lot done, it can be hard for a working dad, especially when you are on your feet all the time. I work in law enforcement as a Deputy Sheriff and am on my feet for 13+ hours on my work days. On my days off, I would love to sit back and put my feet up, but more often than not I am busy and back on my feet, especially during the holidays. When I was at Walmart getting food for work, I walked past the Dr. Scholl’s® Custom Fit® kiosk and stopped to check it out. I often get foot pain and lower back pain. I knew Dr. Scholl’s® Custom Fit® Orthotic Inserts would help solve my foot and back problems so I did the evaluation and found out my orthotic number and grabbed a pair.
I have been wearing them to work and at home over the last several days and I have noticed a huge difference in how not only my feet but the rest of my body also feels. It was really easy to have the analysis done. Find a Custom Fit® Kiosk near you and get the recommended insert for you in under 2 minutes. You just take off your shoes and step onto the kiosk. They have sanitizing wipes to clean the foot areas with as well. Once your feet are on, you press the start button. It takes you through a series of tests like lifting one foot and then the other to get an idea of where the most pressure is on your feet. Then it also tells you about your foot pattern and which orthotics will be the most beneficial to you.
With four kids, life gets pretty demanding, and I like to rise to the challenge. Some of our favorite activities to do together are:
- Decorating the house (inside and out)
- Baking and cooking holiday meals and treats
- Going Christmas shopping
- Playing catch with a baseball or football
- Taking the dog on walks and playing fetch
- Playing in the snow
- Reading together
- Wrapping presents to put under the tree
- Making treat plates for our neighbors
And so much more! The one thing that these all have in common is me being on my feet. So, to make it a little easier I have made a Dad’s Guide to Surviving the Holidays.
- Decorate the outside early, before the first snow, on a warm day
- Decorate the inside on a day off after you have had ample time to rest (enlist lots of help from wife and kids)
- Plan out meals ahead of time, and do all of your holiday baking over a couple of days (choose two or three days that are spread out and do it then, making enough for your treat plates for family and friends)
- Go Christmas shopping alone or with wife and have a list in hand to minimize time spent in store
- Let your wife do most of the wrapping 😉
- Rally your kids together to make sure the dog is taken care of and help out with long walks
- Let your kids pick out the books for reading time – or just snuggle and listen to an audiobook together
- Put on a nice snowsuit to stay warm and heavy boots with your Dr. Scholl’s® Custom Fit® Orthotic Inserts and enjoy every moment of trudging up the hills when you take your kids sledding.
- When you are at work, make sure to take a break at least once an hour and stretch and rehydrate and eat a quick healthy snack. If you are on your feet, this still applies.
I hope this has helped you get some ideas on how to survive the holidays and do it without having a sore back and feet. My Dr. Scholl’s® Custom Fit® Orthotic Inserts have helped a lot and I recommend you do the analysis next time you are at the store and see which pair fit you best to help with all-day relief from foot pain, knee pain, or lower back pain. Because they are 3/4 length, no trimming is required. You just slip them in and go without having to stop because your feet or back hurt. They are so confident that you will love the results that you can try Custom Fit® Orthotics risk-free, with the Dr. Scholl’s® Money Back Guarantee, Plus, save $10 on your purchase with this rebate! I was also able to find $5 off coupons on some of the orthotics packages. I am so glad that I got mine. They have made a huge difference in my days already.
Learn more about Custom Fit® Orthotics and how they will help you survive the holidays. What are some things you do to survive the Holidays?