I love my kids and spending time with them is always at the top of my list of things to do. My wife is home with them most of the time and has a different relationship with them than I do because I am working 50-60 hours a weeks. When I get the chance to be home, I was to spend quality time with my family. Now that my kids are getting older, I love taking them out for a “date night” but sometimes it can be challenging to come up with ideas that are fun and inexpensive. I hope this list of fun date night ideas helps you plan many fun date nights with your kids, and realize the importance of spending time with them. Building that one-on-one relationship is so important and this is a great way to bond and learn more about each other.
- Sledding or Tubing then to a food place for dessert and hot chocolate
- Ice fishing
- Ice Skating or Hockey
- Building a (designer) snowman or snow sculpture
- Skiing or snowshoeing or cross country skiing
- Check out a concert or movie in the park
- Camping/Fishing trip
- Summer morning/evening art (sitting out and painting the sunrise/sunset together – each with a canvas or notepad) from a lookout or high part of the area where you live
- Sports (baseball, football, basketball, soccer, etc) – going to a game or playing it together at the park
These are just a few ideas to get you started. There are so many fun things in the area – and most of them are discounted. Look to nature for some fun adventures and visit places you have never been before. Don’t be afraid to get our and do something fun and a little juvenile – like playing at the playground with your littlest or having some “grown-up” time with your oldest. Doing this also gives you a chance to talk to your kids and see how they are doing in school, emotionally, and spiritually. You will never regret spending more time with your kids. I promise.
What do you do with your kids for date night?
Leave a Reply